Frugal Fridays - Make your own Cooking Spray


Happy Friday! This week's Frugal Friday post is easy, saves you some money and includes better ingredients than the alternative!  This week I made my own cooking spray!  I found the idea on a lovely blog that I follow called One Good Thing and I am very excited to share it with you guys!  I don't always use a cooking spray as a little bit of oil or butter work just fine BUT it is a nice convenient thing to have around when you want to use it.  To be honest, the cooking spray from the store completely freaks me out!  Take for example the cooking spray pictured above.  It is called "Buttery" and is "Natural flavored with other natural flavors".  That translates to "Hello, I am a spray bottle full of weird chemicals, please spray me on your pan!"  Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic but regardless, it freaks me out!  This two ingredient homemade cooking spray will work just as well AND you can pronounce the names of the ingredients (yay)!


You will need: 

Step One: Pour the Olive Oil & Water in the spray bottle (Example: In a 12oz bottle, use 2 oz oil & 10 oz water)
Step Two: Shake
Step Three: Spray on a pan that is in need of greasing!
Step Four:  Repeat steps 2 & 3 each time you use it!! :)
 
Side note: Store your homemade cooking spray in a cool dark place
 
 
That's right....that is all it takes! So throw out that weird cooking spray and whip up a batch of your own! 

 
Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: