Frugal Fridays - DIY Multi-Purpose Scoop


It's Friday and that means it's time for another Frugal Friday post!  This week, I tried out a really handy idea that two wonderful people in my life had suggested I try.  A couple months ago, Topher's grandmother had sent me a link to this frugal project.  A few weeks later, one of my coworkers from Florida, Donna, sent me an e-mail with the same project! After receiving those e-mails, I wrote the idea down on my "Frugal Friday Ideas List" but I didn't get to actually try it out until this week.

The project itself is pretty random but such a great idea.  Most of us have a milk or water jug sitting in our "to be recycled" bin and I am pretty sure that everyone can find a use or two for this nifty scooper!  So...here's the scoop (no pun intended)!


You will need:
 

 Step One:  Using your marker, draw the scoop pattern onto the milk jug - I just drew a circle around the top of the handle and then drew the scoop shape on the body of the jug (this will just be a rough sketch as the shape you end up cutting may be a little different and that is okay!)
Step Two:  With the exacto knife or the scissors, cut out the shape that you have drawn onto the jug
Step Three:  Once you have cut the entire scoop out, take the scissors and just neaten up the edges (I was not so good at cutting out the actual scoop shape so I needed step three but if you are good at the cutting out of the scoop than you will not need to do this!)
 
That's it!  Three steps and you have upcycled your milk or water jug into a multi-purpose scoop!  Oh how I love simple projects that involve upcycling!
 
If you cannot think of any uses for this handy dandy scoop, let me list a few of the ideas that I have come up with so far...
These are just a few of the many things that you can use this scoop for!  What would you use it for??  I would love to hear your ideas!!


Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: