Homemade Vicks VapoRub


I have been sick for the past few days with a pretty re-donkulous cold which is no fun!  I think that having this lovely cold was the inspiration for making the DIY heat wrap and it's also the inspiration for putting together this insanely simple homemade Vicks VapoRub.  I am all about making as many products homemade as possible but a lot of the time that is easier said than done.  Most homemade beauty or household products involve lots of ingredients that I don't currently possess so I tend to shy away from making them.  I actually keep a list of all of them so that when I have enough ideas that call for the same ingredient, I can go buy it and slowly start to build up a collection of items like coco butter, beeswax, essential oils, shea butter, etc!  For now my collection is limited but I'm still making due!  Here's how to make your own VapoRub...

You will need:


Step One:  Scoop 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil into a bowl
Step Two:  Place 4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil into the bowl
Step Three:  Mix
Step Four:  Apply as needed and enjoy your homemade VapoRub made of only 2 ingredients!!


So the next time you are feeling crummy and your table is covered in items like these...


You should whip up a batch of this homemade Vicks VapoRub, relax and think healing thoughts!


Labels: ,